09 April 2010

Work From Home: Find The Fit

I've been reading quite a bit these past 6 months about ideas for creating a
home-based business. During that time, the "internet opportunities" and "work-at-home scams" have exploded.

This overload has also created a lot of very frustrated and broken spirit entrepreneurs.

Here's what I mean -
Not everyone is cut-out to work online nor want to create a business that requires sitting at their computer everyday. Some of you would prefer to get outside in nature, others want to work with their hands (and not on a keyboard!) and still others want something but have no idea what that something will be.

What I've done in the past with TSG was give you marketing and business tips heavily swayed towards using the internet. Most were on the various options for you to consider working from home as an affiliate or information marketer.

I missed the mark totally and for that I apologize.
In my last survey, I asked what made you start your home-based business. 2 of you responded to that survey and I thank you because it helped me make a decision about TSG.

This survey is going to be a bit different. The 5 questions are right here that I'd like you to answer for me! Simply post a comment with the question number, can't get any easier than that:)

what I want to know:
  • 1. What is the #1 question you have about starting your own business?

  • 2. Where would you prefer to grow your home business, locally in your area or strictly on the internet?

  • 3. When you think of business ideas, which ones interest you the most? For example import/export or running a laundromat or having a little vending machine route. Think about it.

  • 4. How many "business opportunities" have you tried to make work in the past 3 years and what were they?

  • 5. How do you choose a good work at home opportunity? How did you choose the last one.
5 Easy Little Questions. Some of you haven't been to the archives in a while, so let me give you this tip before you answer those questions: Take money out the picture.

Yes, your business must make a profit (profit=money in the bank). But it is not how you make a decision on what business to start. I can make my business profitable, I'd suck running Microsoft. Bill Gates would likely suck at running my business too, so we're even:).

Here's why I'm asking for your feedback. I've been writing this little newsletter offline for my coaching clients (yeah I do that too). What I've learned working with them is - I may have not helped quite a few of you really create the work at home business you want with this blog.

The only way to know going forward is to ask. What more would you like to see on this blog? No there's no money in answering the questions?! I might send you a sample of my paid newsletter or a product that I own you can have rights to - but no money will be changing hands here:) That's it for today and I leave you with this -

Ideas are the beginning points of all fortunes~Napoleon Hill